Social Media Intern
This position has been filled and we are no longer recruiting.
The Social Media Intern (intern) will assist the Volunteer and Communications Manager (supervisor) with the development and implementation of a social media plan.
350PDX is building a diverse grassroots movement to address the causes of climate disruption through justice-based solutions by inspiring, training and mobilizing people to act. In our short five-year history, we’ve grown to a core group of 250+ activists working in coordinated teams, to build a movement for justice-based climate action at local and state levels. We’re growing our collective power and have seen an incredible surge in momentum for bold climate action in Portland and Oregon.
This is a paid position at $15/hr. This ten-week internship requires a commitment of 100 total hours, distributed as 8-10 hours per week, January through March 2020 (dates are somewhat flexible). Priority application deadline is midnight Dec 17.
Send your application to email@example.com, or apply online here.
The intern will perform their volunteer work remotely at regular work hours. The intern is expected to attend a weekly staff & intern meeting (on Tuesday morning 11.00am – 12.30pm), a weekly Communications Team meeting, and a weekly check-in with the supervisor.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the 350PDX social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Regular social media posting about our campaigns, webinars, appeals & other fundraisers
- Creating graphics and other digital content for social media
- Develop a social media campaign for a BIPOC youth-led week of action in January
- Work together with a new Communications Manager (a new staff position joining in Jan/Feb 2021) as they get started
- Assist the supervisor in onboarding volunteers to help with social media
- Develop an understanding of the mission, strategies and workings of 350PDX
- Develop an understanding of climate justice, and JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) principles, and implement these into our social media
- Additional projects as needed
Skills You May Learn or Develop:
- Social media management
- Content creation
- Practical implementation of the science of communications (e.g. values / framing)
- Strategy development / strategic and systems thinking
- Public outreach
- JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) principles and practices
- Leadership skills
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Commitment and passion for climate justice
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to perform well independently and in a flexible environment
- Must be computer / social media savvy
- Spanish language fluency
- Desire for systemic change
- Prior experience with grassroots and/or student organizing
- Graphic design skills
Apply online here.