You are invited to a series of five online trainings by and for 350 groups geared to prepare members across the 350 network to face the new year of organizing with resiliency and power. Trainings are free and last 1.5 hours, followed by an optional 30 minute reflection on the training techniques used for local group trainers. Participate in any or all.
Get all the details in this flyer and register now.
All trainings are Saturdays 11:00am – 1:30pm PT
- Saturday, March 6th – Climate Justice: Principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, intersections between climate and social justice movements, how to identify and address white supremacy culture and inequity in our groups and work.
- Saturday, March 20th – Strategic Messaging: Why storytelling and messaging are essential to our work, how to create a just and equitable narrative that supports campaign strategies using non-extractive storytelling, and best practices for communicating our message.
- Saturday, April 10th – Organizing and Movement Building: Why build a movement? How to recruit, engage, and onboard new volunteers, develop volunteer leadership, and build community.
- Saturday, May 15th – Policy Advocacy: How to advocate, how legislative bodies work, and how to influence elected officials–with examples from local affiliates to demonstrate common tactics and best practices.
- Saturday, May 22nd – Strategic Campaigning: How to choose a campaign, map out decision makers, allies and opponents, plan campaign goals, timeline, and roles, and select effective tactics using a justice and equity lens.
Whether you are a new volunteer looking to jumpstart your activism skills, or a more experienced group member looking to stimulate thinking about new concepts and create stronger connections with peers across the 350 network, these trainings are for you!
Recordings and resources will be available if you can’t make a training. These trainings will be facilitated by experienced trainers from 350 New Hampshire, 350 Colorado, 350 Bay Area, MN350, SanDiego350 and 350 Massachusetts for a Better Future working with 350.org’s training dept.