On September 8th, we’re joining the People’s Climate Movement and partners from around the world, in bringing tens of thousands of people from across the country into the streets to show our elected leaders that we demand action on climate change.
On September 8th, come celebrate and stand strong with the Oregon Just Transition Alliance (OJTA) as they organize the Portland Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice Community Gathering.
OJTA is a statewide network of Oregon’s frontline communities.* In Oregon, frontline communities have endorsed an intersectional climate justice platform:
- We oppose construction of fossil fuel infrastructure
- We oppose hateful policies like Measure 105
- We support frontline leaders developing solutions that change the rules and draw down wealth and power, like the Portland Clean Energy Fund
Across the country, and around the world, our communities will Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice. We rise for climate action to communicate to global and local leaders that a strong US climate movement exists and to tell everyone in the US that the time has come to hold our leaders accountable.
Want to help?
– To endorse this event and to have a table, fill out this endorsement form
– To volunteer, please fill out the volunteer form
– Want to get involved before September? Join one of the art builds happening on August 18th, 25th, and 27th
OPAL will have two volunteer orientations on August 28th and September 5th, both at 6pm at the OPAL office (3202 SE 82nd Ave., Portland).
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*According to the Oregon Just Transition Alliance platform, frontline communities refers to, “people of color, low-income communities, and rural and tribal people [who] are at the front line of environmental and climate injustice.”