Join the Fossil Fuel Resistance Team!
[On Wednesday, March 11, our Fossil Fuel Resistance team meeting will happen remotely. To get the link to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.]
In order to stop the climate crisis from getting worse, we have to keep the remaining fossil fuel reserves in the ground. The Pacific Northwest is currently facing many active proposals for new fossil fuel infrastructure that if built would lock us into the fossil fuel economy and its carbon pollution for decades to come. The Fossil Fuel Resistance team seeks to stop new fossil fuel projects from being built in Portland or to service the Portland metro area, and to engage in regional fights to stop all new fossil fuel infrastructure in the PNW and beyond!
- Stop Jordan Cove LNG Export Terminal and Pacific Connector Pipeline (down in Southern Oregon)
- Zenith Energy – Oil Trains in Portland – Alberta tar sands is being covertly exported right under our noses
- Stop Kalama Methanol Refinery – if built would be largest in the world
- Perennial Wind Chaser – a nice sounding name for a proposed 415-megawatt fracked gas power plant in Central Oregon
- Click here to read more about this team
If you’re new and want to get up to speed, please let Melanie know (team co-lead, firstname.lastname@example.org) and she can meet you 30 minutes before the start time to explain what the team is up to.