Join the next Fossil Fuels Resistance Team meeting!
In order to stop the climate crisis from getting worse, we have to keep the remaining fossil fuel reserves in the ground. The Pacific Northwest is currently facing many active proposals for new fossil fuel infrastructure that if built would lock us into the fossil fuel economy and its carbon pollution for decades to come. The Fossil Fuel Resistance team seeks to stop new fossil fuel projects from being built in Portland or to service the Portland metro area, and to engage in regional fights to stop all new fossil fuel infrastructure in the PNW and beyond!
- Zenith Energy – Oil Trains in Portland – Alberta tar sands is being covertly exported right under our noses
- Stop Jordan Cove LNG Export Terminal and Pacific Connector Pipeline (down in Southern Oregon)
- Stop Tacoma LNG Facility
- Stop Kalama Methanol Refinery – if built would be largest in the world
- Act as a watchdog for the City of Portland’s Climate Action Plan and 100% renewable efforts
- Click here to read more about this team
If you’re new and want to get up to speed, please let Melanie know (team co-lead, email@example.com) and she can meet you 30 minutes before the start time to explain what the team is up to.