350PDX Holiday Action Night
Wednesday, December 6, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, in person at 350PDX office (3625 N Mississippi Ave). RSVP HERE!
At the Holiday Action Night, we’ll be:
- Displaying all the pieces from our Art Sale (that haven’t sold yet) for purchase and a gift wrapping station for your art. Bring your friends to come check out the art!
- Writing holiday cards to Multnomah County Commissioners to ask for the holiday present of banning gas in new residential construction
- Calling and texting people in our base to see if they can contribute to our grassroots movement this year. (There will be PRIZES for a random phone banker and whoever completes the most number of phone calls: an item from the Art Sale of your choice & more!)
- Helping you set up your own personal fundraisers for the climate cause!
- Enjoying pizza generously donated by Mississippi Pizza, holiday treats, and drinks. Feel free to bring a holiday cookie or dessert to share.
- And we’ll have a couple more actions you can take part in
But most of all this will be a time for us to be together, celebrate our achievements from the year, and build our community ahead of the next. This event is open to all: whether this would be your first event with 350PDX, or you’ve been around for years. RSVP to Action Night here.
** Scared of fundraising? It’s okay — it needs a reframe! Fundraising = organizing. We use the same strategy and tactics as we do in any campaign we work on. Relationship building, escalation, creativity, targets, goals… good campaigners are good fundraisers, which means all of you are good fundraisers — we just have to make the ask. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who’s on our email list, supports our work, has maybe donated $25 here or there before, but hasn’t talked to someone from our organization. Imagine they get a personalized phone call or text from an awesome volunteer, board member, or staff member (that’s all of you) and suddenly feel much more connected to our work and want to get involved and donate. Bam! And all you did was made a quick phone call and shared a bit about why you are a part of the 350PDX community, while sipping on a beer and eating pizza with your friends one evening. It’s all about relationships and connecting with people. **