The deadline for this action has passed, but please visit our action page to find current opportunities.
The Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF) is a 1% surcharge on billion dollar corporations that will fund local projects to fight climate change while creating a more equitable economy and well paid jobs for underserved frontline communities, such as low-income families and BIPOC folks (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color). It was passed by a wide coalition of groups that included 350PDX. While we are right now facing the immediate health and economic crisis, it’s more important than ever that PCEF will be swiftly implemented and bring resources to these communities as soon as possible.
The Portland Clean Energy Fund Grant Committee, supported by city staff, has developed a draft set of Guiding Principles to help decide which projects should receive grants. To ensure these principles represent the values and vision of the community, we need your help to submit comments to the City of Portland.
The Portland Clean Energy Fund Coalition has put together these suggested talking points.
How You Can Comment:
- Through Columbia Riverkeeper’s website
- Via the City of Portland’s Online Form
- Print and complete a paper survey. Scan and email to cleanenergyfund@portlandoregon
- Print and complete a paper survey. Mail to PCEF, 1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 710, Portland, OR 97201
- Phone: leave a recorded verbal comment at 503-823-7713
Deadline is Sunday April 5 at 11:59PM
Thank you for supporting the Portland Clean Energy Fund!