Tell Chase – the only U.S. funder of the Jordan Cove pipeline and largest fossil fuel project funder in the world – to cut funding of new fossil fuel projects by cutting up your Chase credit card!
What happens when you use your Chase credit card? A percentage of the money you spend goes to JPMorgan Chase to be invested in expansion of the fossil fuel industry including the Jordan Cove Pipeline in Oregon.
- Record or photograph yourself cutting up your Chase credit card(s) explaining that you demand that the biggest funder of fossil fuels worldwide, JPMorgan Chase, divests from fossil fuels by 2030 and immediately defunds Jordan Cove.
- On November 22, use these easy instructions, sample captions and tagging info to post your video or photo on social media.
What else can I do? November 22nd is just the beginning. The challenge goes through the end of 2019!
- RSVP to the Facebook event, invite your friends, and share to your personal Facebook page.
- Email 20 friends or coworkers (with this handy email sample) with a personal invitation to join the challenge.
- Tell 3 friends in person.
- Post the action on your social media.
- Text or call 5 friends.
Why Chase? Read about Chase’s involvement in expanding fossil fuels and the movement to help Chase divest.
Which Credit Cards? Review this list of Chase credit cards, considerations about your credit score, and other credit card options.
This action is sponsored by 350PDX Divest/Defund team in solidarity with 350RI.