350PDX is excited to announce that for the fourth year we are participating alongside 150 Portland based non-profits in the Give!Guide.
What is the Give!Guide? It’s Portland’s easiest path to year-end giving. G!G showcases small, medium and large organizations whose missions fall into eight categories: Animals, Civil & Human Rights, Community, Creative Expression, Education, Environment, Health and Human Services.
In 14 years, G!G has raised over $24 million for hundreds of local nonprofits. Last year, WW readers gave nearly $4.2 million to 150 Portland organizations and the Oregon Cultural Trust.
What’s in it for our donors?
350PDX and its business partners will be providing the following incentives for G!G donors who give to 350PDX:
- All Donors will receive a bag of bagel chips from Spielman’s Bagels. (G!G donations Only)
- All Donors aged 35 and under will receive a bag of UMI Organic Ramen Noodles – first 10 donors will also receive Umi organic sauce! (G!G Donations Only)
- Donors of $100 will be entered in a raffle for one magnum of wine and a tasting/tour at Winderlea Winery and Vineyard
- Donors of $250 or more will be entered into a raffle for a vacation home weekend in Bend!
- Match up to $1000 in funding from Trillium Investment
G!G are providing the following incentives for donors who give to any G!G non-profit:
- Donors of $10 or more – Home delivery of Widmer Brothers Beer, KIND Bars, a free Washman carwash, a Chinook Book Download code, and more
- Donors of $1,000 – $2,499 and live in the Portland metro area will receive incentive bags full of local goods delivered directly to their home by G!G nonprofits. Donors can also pick up their incentive bags, either out of preference or because they are located outside of the Portland metro area.
- Donors of $2500 – $4,999 – Nossa Familia Coffee, Bob’s Red Mill steelcut oats, A to Z Wineworks Bubbles, Guayaki Yerba Mate and more
- Donors of $5,000+ – Home delivery by Mark Zusman or Richard Meeker [co-owners of the Willamette Week] of everything in the $2,500-$4,999 bag, plus a bag of Jasmine Pearl Tea Company tea and more
There will be a chance to win even more goodies by giving on Big Give Days which will happen almost every week through Dec. 31st.
- November 8th – A chance to win a $500 shopping spree at Powell’s Books
- November 14th – A Tender Loving Empire gift packages + a year’s supply of Laughing Planet (Each TLE package includes four brand new records, a TLE mixtape, a $100 shopping spree, a comfy t shirt, a mug, and more)
- November 26th – Two nights at Brasada Ranch in a luxury suite and a round of golf
- December 6th – Two Sony RX 100 VA Cameras from Pro Photo Supply
- December 13 -2 Tickets (with parking) to Dec. 19th , 2018 Portland Trailblazers vs. Memphis Grizzlies game and Jan. 9th, 2019 Trailblazers vs. Chicago Bulls game; plus a jersey signed by Jusuf Nurkic
- December 20th – One Specialized FX 1 Commuter Bike from Bike Gallery
- December 27th – One Cultural Adventure Package Across Oregon from the Oregon Cultural Trust
It is because of our generous donors that we are able to magnify the reach of our message of fighting climate injustices and maximize the potential our dedicated foundation of volunteers. Thank you to our business partners for providing these incentives for our donors and to the Give Guide for allowing us to reach a broader audience.
On Tuesday 23rd October, the Oregon DEQ held a public hearing that was a rare opportunity for Oregonians to comment on changes the EPA is proposing to standards for national automobile fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions from coal-fired power plants.
Three folks from 350PDX testified against these changes (see their comments below), and until the following dates you can submit comments too!
The Safer Affordable Fuel Efficient (SAFE) Vehicles Proposed Rule for Model Years 2021-2026 (website here) – Comment Due 26th October 2018
Proposal: Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) Rule (website here) – Comment Due 31st October 2018
See some talking points here: https://docs.google.com/…/1mYOlgTwArqssSFT0mxsgj3nvfUJ…/edit
Or take inspiration from the wonderful testifiers below.
“Give the EPA a piece of your mind ASAP!
That’s what I did Tuesday night at a public hearing on EPA rollbacks of vehicle and coal plant emissions standards. I was nervous to get up and speak, but after listening to 10 year girl say “It’s scary thinking when I grow up it won’t be safe anymore,” that was it for me. So, I just told it like it is: the EPA’s new rules will increase greenhouse gas emissions, which will exacerbate climate change and harm our health and environment. As you can imagine, the EPA doesn’t want to hear what people think about their proposed rules, and that’s exactly why you should speak up. You still have a tiny window of time to give them the what for. How to comment? Go to the bottom of this document from Neighbors for Clean Air for helpful talking points and the links to submit comments about vehicle emissions rules (SAFE) byOctober 26 and comments about the coal plant standards rule by October 31.”
This comment period closed on November 21st 2018.